Grilled Salmon with Black Bean, Corn & Papaya - Serves 4
Salad- Makes 4 cups
2 cups cooked black beans or 1 15-oz. can, rinsed and drained
2 cups (about 2 ears) raw corn kernels, cut off the cob
1 cup red bell pepper, diced
¼ cup red onion, finely diced
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, minced
1 papaya, seeded and diced (add if more sweetness is desired)
2 tablespoons, balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Mix all ingredients in a non-reactive bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
4 6-8 ounce portions salmon filet, seasoned with salt and cracked pepper.
- Grill over high heat for 8 minutes, turning in 2-minute intervals for even cooking and grill markings.
- Mound ½ -1 cup of salad in the center of the plate.
- Remove salmon from grill and tilt upright on the salad.
Garnish salmon with a sliced lemon ring and sprig of cilantro.
Lyon Real Estate
www.TomandNancyHarvey.com 916 599-3018
© 2008 Nancy Dowd Harvey All Rights Reserved