Brian’s Tahoma Toddy - Makes 8 Cocktails
Brian is the mixologist in our family. He created this concoction while home to play in a golf tournament with Tom. This refreshing, potent combination is certain to mellow you out after a day in the sun.
Serve it over ice or prepare it in advance and freeze into slush.
8 ounces strong brewed tea, iced
24 ounces pineapple orange juice *Use 32 ounces for a sweeter, less alcoholic flavor
8 ounces Maker’s Mark Whiskey
8 ounces dark rum
4 ounces Triple Sec2- 2 ½ tablespoons brown sugar (adjust to desired sweetness)
- Combine ingredients in a pitcher.
- Stir and refrigerate until ready to serve.
8 spears of pineapple, cut to fit the glass
4 ¼-inch rings of fresh orange with rind halved (Make a horizontal slash from the center of the orange to the flesh side for it to rest on the rim of the glass)
8 sprigs of fresh mint
1/8 teaspoon dark rum to float on the top of each glass
- Fill a 16-ounce hurricane glass or glass of choice with ice cubes.
- Pour 6 ½ ounces of the toddy over the ice.
- Float the rum on top of the cocktail.
- Garnish with a spear of fresh pineapple, an orange ring and a sprig of mint.
- Use Tejava, an unsweetened strong-brewed tea.
- Make a batch of this cocktail ahead and freeze.
- Serve it as a slush and garnish as above.
Lyon Real Estate
www.TomandNancyHarvey.com 916 599-3018
© 2008 Nancy Dowd Harvey All Rights Reserved